- To easily explain and visually show the simplicity of symbolic logic.
- Turn English sentences into mathematical formulas and symbolic statements.
- Understand the difference between “or” and “and”…
- Learn about conditional and biconditional statements and truth tables
- Differentiate between converse, inverse, and contrapositive.
- Learn logical equivalence.
- Understand Venn Diagrams
- Learn a systematic and easy way to complete a truth table
TYPICAL GRADE LEVEL
8-11… Usually taught as a section in Geometry [but differs from state to state]
· An in depth PowerPoint presentation with great pictorial representations and explanations of:
- Identifying statements
- Negation of statements and truth tables
- “Or” and “And” statements and truth tables
- Converse, inverse, and contrapositive statements and truth tables
- Conditional statements and truth tables
- Identifying the hypothesis and conclusion of conditional statement
- Biconditional statements and truth tables
- Venn Diagrams of “All,” “Some,” or “None”
- Venn Diagrams of conditional statements
· Animations make this PowerPoint fun and easy to follow
· A Teacher Guide to make presenting the PowerPoint, instructing students, and answering questions easier.
· A four page work packet that students can complete while following the PowerPoint presentation or assign as class work or homework
- Many examples
- Truth Tables to complete
- Identifying the hypothesis and conclusion of a conditional statement
- Venn Diagrams
· Answer Keys for all 4 worksheets
Should take between 2-6 days [depending on students’ ability]
SCREENSHOT & WORKSHEET
As seen on TeachersPayTeachers, selling for $18.50!
OR on Hole Studies for only $12.95!
WANT JUST THE WORKSHEETS?
The PowerPoint accompanies the worksheets fantastically, but if you already have a lesson for teaching all the aspects of Symbolic Logic but just want some extra practice materials, then you’re in luck because you can buy the worksheets separately… CLICK HERE to buy just the 4 Symbolic Logic Worksheets without the PowerPoint.
HOW TO BUY
- Click the “Buy Now” button and you will be redirected to PayPal
NOTE: You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to make this purchase
- Once your payment is processed, you will be then be brought to a page with a link so that you can download the file.
NOTE: File sharing is not allowed and protected under copyright laws – the link that you are presented with is for you [the buyer], and you alone.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or technical difficulties.
LET’S HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!
Did you recently download this product? If so, please leave a comment on the bottom of this page to let others know what you think!
Was it easy to use/understand? How did you use it in your class and was it a success? Do you think it was a good purchase? Let’s hear it!