To familiarize students with the most basic computer language (binary), done in the most basic way! Simple, easy-to-understand, visuals make it fun for all students to learn!
WHAT IT IS
This is a program (and Excel program) that randomly generates binary cards AND answers!! All you need to do is hit “Enter” and then the cards randomly shuffle! This is so fun to play as a review game, or speed challenge!
FITS ANY LESSON!
Great as an introductory lesson, review, assessment, or a whole class game! This is a great addition to any lesson plan having to do with binary!
GOOD FOR ALL AGES!
Can be used as young as elementary school all the way into college classes! The easy-to-understand visuals are great for students who have never been introduced to binary before, whereas the other pages in the file eliminate the visuals for higher levels of students.
• 5 worksheets (3 different levels) that seamlessly flow from one level of understanding binary, to another!
○ Binary to Base 10, using Dot Cards
○ Binary to Base 10, without the use of Dot Cards
○ Base 10 to Binary (all the way up to 511!)
• Teacher Answer Sheets (to each level!)
• Dot Cards are great visuals that are amazing for all learners!
• All the levels seamlessly flow from one to another.
When I used this with my classes, students (of all learning levels) easily understood how the binary system works.
Before I created this, I tried to explain binary by writing the numbers on the board and also by drawing the pictures myself (I am definitely, not an artist)… but the numbers didn’t really make sense to most students and then my hand-drawn pictures always took too long to put on the board, so I ended up losing the majority of the class’ attention.
I worked with very difficult students, and I was amazed at how ALL of them were able to understand the graphics with very little explanation.
FREE PREVIEW FILE
Want a preview file for FREE before you buy the real deal? I understand! That’d be like buying clothes without trying them on first, right?! CLICK HERE to download your free mini-file of this product! Once you click the link, the download will happen automatically so be sure to look for it in your computer (where ever your downloaded files go, by the default settings).
Like it? Then you’ll LOVE the full version!
Selling on TeachersPayTeachers for $12.65!
OR on Hole Studies for only $9.99!
HOW TO BUY
• Add product(s) to the cart, and then proceed to checkout
• Use one of the payment methods provided to place your order
• Once your payment is processed, your purchased files will be automatically downloaded to your computer (usually to the “downloads” folder).
NOTE: File sharing is not allowed and protected under copyright laws – the file purchased and downloaded is for you [the buyer], and you alone.
• Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or technical difficulties.
MAKE THIS LESSON EVEN BETTER!
This program pairs PERFECTLY with these simple, easy-to-understand worksheets (which include binary, pixels, and text compression).
LET’S HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!
Did you recently download this product? If so, please leave a review (on the review tab, at the top of this product page) to let others know what you think!
Was it easy to use/understand? How did you use it in your class and was it a success? Do you think it was a good purchase? Let’s hear it! Thanks so much =)